1. CLEAN YOUR PORES: Your pores expand as gunk collects in them. Keep them clean by using an excellent cleanser with Glycolic Acid and the Clarisonic Brush every night. In the morning use a creamy cleanser or a toner with cotton round.
2. WIPE OUT DARK SPOTS: Wrinkles may be the classic sign of aging, but studies show that most people view mottled skin as even older-looking. The good news: dark spots can be faded in as little as 6 weeks. The only thing that truly works is hydroquinone. Fall is the best time to spot-treat.
3. FEED YOUR SKIN: Just like your body, skin needs nutrition from Vitamins A – K. As the health of your skin improves, your skin tone will even out. Use concealer under the eyes where the skin naturally thins and on any red or brown areas.
4. PROTECT THIS HOUSE: Use sunscreen with a physical barrier (Zinc or Titanium) instead of a chemical barrier. Your hormones will thank you. Antioxidants (Vitamin C) will protect your skin from pollution and sun. Just like a sliced apple will oxidize when left out, our skins needs protection as well.
5. DON’T FORGET YOUR EYES, NECK AND HANDS: I always tell my clients: everything you do to your face, do to those 3 as well. They’re the parts most likely to betray your age. Get them on the same daily maintenance routine as your face with moisturizer and sunscreen every morning, retinol and hydroquinone at night.
6. EXFOLLIATE, EXFOLIATE, EXFOLIATE: As we age, cell turnover slows and dead skin cells pile up. That’s why your grandma most likely has dull looking skin and children have dewy, luminous skin. Use a retinol every night and get facials monthly.